Twinkle Babies Dance™ — Ages 2-3
Our exclusive Twinkle Babies Dance class is a 45 minute introductory dance class containing ballet, creative movement and basic tumbling. Young dancers will learn the basic steps while learning how to follow direction and imitate movement in a positive environment. Engaging music is used to get these little dancers inspired to dance. The use of props such as “dancing bears”, hula hoops and maracas, enables the young dancers to use their imagination, creativity and, most of all, have fun!
Twinkle Stars Dance™ — Ages 3-4, 4-5
Twinkle Star Dance is an age specific 1 hour class containing ballet, tap, jazz/creative movement and tumbling. The purpose of the class is to introduce young dancers to the three styles of dance and inspire movement and creativity within a positive environment. Dancers will also learn basic steps and terminology in all three styles. For example, all dancers will learn what a “plie” is and how to demonstrate one. The use of fun, age appropriate music engages the young dancers’ minds and bodies. The use of props such as maracas for the “freeze dance” makes the end of class the most fun!
Twinkle Stars Dance™ — Ages 5-6
Twinkle Star Dance is an age specific 1 hour class containing ballet, tap, and jazz/creative movement. The purpose of the class is to introduce young dancers to the three styles of dance and inspire movement and creativity within a positive environment. Dancers will also learn basic steps and terminology in all three styles. At this level, students will use the ballet barre to learn traditional ballet technique. Tap will combine the study of rhythm, precision and fluidity of movement. Jazz will include isolations, turns, jumps and leaps. The use of fun, age appropriate music engages the young dancers’ minds and bodies.
Why is there a dress code for Twinkle Babies and Twinkle Stars at Duval Dance and Music Academy?
- The simple Twinkle Babies pink or purple leotard and tights make it possible for the instructors to see the dancer’s bodies so they can make the proper corrections.
- Male students wear a black t-shirt and black sweatpants (these items are not available through the studio).
- Young dancers are often distracted by their own dancewear. Large skirts and/or tutus become the dancer’s focus instead of the instructor.
- Learning to dance and work together as a team can be more easily achieved by removing the distraction of different dancewear.
- Instructors are able to choreograph dances more effectively when the dancers are dressed the same.
Where can we purchase our dancewear?
All twinkle babies and twinkle star class attire and shoes are required to be purchased through the studio. Our shoes are the color and style we use in our recitals, so it is better to have the correct items at the beginning in order to avoid having to purchase shoes again.